Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 15:
- Electronic state purchases saved 22 % of budgetary fundsElectronic state purchases has allowed saving almost 22 % of the budgetary funds allocated for these purpose last year. The Minister of Finance of Kazakhstan, Bolat Zhamishev, informed today during the presentation of the information system of electronic state purchases with participation of the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, the agency reports.
- Financial assets invested in agriculture of Kazakhstan not to be cut downThe Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, said at the session of the board of the Ministry of Agriculture financial assets invested in agriculture of Kazakhstan will not be sequestered, the agency reports.
- Net surplus of current account of payments balance of Kazakhstan - $9 billionNet surplus of the current account of balance of payments of Kazakhstan has reached $9 billion, following the results of 9 months 2008, the agency reports citing the report of the National Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Fund Samruk-Kazyna to fulfill its housing construction obligationsThe Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna will carry out its obligations on the financed objects of housing construction. The chairman of Fund Samruk-Kazyna, K. Kelimbetov, informed at the government session on Monday, the agency reports.
- Development Bank of Kazakhstan to refinance projects for $400 millionThe chairman of Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, said the Development Bank of Kazakhstan plans to refinance the projects for the sum of $400 million in the first quarter of 2009, the agency reports.
- Kyrgyzstan to export 1 billion 200 million kW/h of electric power to KazakhstanKyrgyzstan has to export 1 billion 200 million kW/h of electric power to Kazakhstan in 2009. The Minister of Industry, Energy and Fuel Resources of Kyrgyzstan, Ilyas Davidov, informed at the selector meeting related to heating period on Monday, the agency reports.
- Prices for oil in world market increasedThe prices for oil in the world market, following the results of the tenders on Tuesday, increased, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Industrial production in Kazakhstan in 2008 increased by 2.1 %Industrial production in 2008 in Kazakhstan has increased by 2.1 %, the agency reports citing Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Monthly average nominal salary in Kazakhstan in January - November, 2008 increased by 16.7 %Monthly average nominal wages of one employee in November, 2008 totaled 59 575 KZT and increased in comparison with the corresponding period of the last year by 10.59 %, in January - November - 59 722 KZT and increased by 16.7 % accordingly.
- Foreign trade turnover for 9 months 2008 totaled $85.3 billionForeign trade turnover (taking into account the amendments to customs statistics) for January - September, 2008 totaled $85.3 billion that is by $27 billion more than in the base period, the agency reports citing the press service of the National Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Caspian pipeline consortium transported 32.2 million tons of oil in 2008The Caspian pipeline consortium (CPC) in 2008 transported over 32.2 million tons of oil, the press release of the company states.