Now viewing: Economy
- Transport Ministry to involve investments for 875 billion KZTThe Minister of Transport and Communications, Serik Ahmetov, informed today at the session of the department that one of the anti-recessionary measures of the Ministry of Transport and Communications in 2009 will be attraction of non-budgetary investments for 875 billion KZT, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 16:
- Volume of transportations in railway branch to be decreased by 3-4 %The Minister of Transport and Communications of Kazakhstan, Serik Ahmetov, informed at the session in the ministry volume of transportations in railway branch is expected to be decreased on average by 3-4 % and in civil aircraft - by 8 % in Kazakhstan in the first quarter of 2009, the agency reports.
- Tariffs for passenger transportations not to be increased in 2009Tariffs for passenger transportations not to be increased in 2009
- Prices in world market of silver stabilizedThe prices in the world market of silver stabilized.
- First auctions for purchase of stressful assets to be held in FebruaryThe Fund of stressful assets will hold the first auctions for purchase of pools of credits under stress in the beginning of February of 2009. The chairman of the Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, informed at the press conference, the agency reports.
- Caspian pipeline consortium decreased export of oil by 3.5 % in 2008Caspian pipeline consortium (CPC) in 2008 decreased its export of oil from the terminal Yuzhnaya Ozereika -2 by 3.5 % in comparison with 2007, the agency reports citing the consortium message.
- Volume of export of agricultural products reached $2.9 billionVolume of export of agricultural products in Kazakhstan last year reached the level of $2.9 billion. The Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Akylbek Kurishbaev, informed at Wednesday's session, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan to increase competitiveness of agrarian sector of economyThe Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Akylbek Kurishbaev, informed Kazakhstan should stake on increase of competitiveness of the agrarian sector of its economy, the agency reports.