Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 21:
- Oil extraction in Dunga deposit increased by 45 %The Company Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH, being an affiliated company of Danish MaerskOlie Gas, following the results of 2008, has increased its oil extraction in the deposit Dunga in the Mangistau oblast of Tupkaragan region, the Regional Department of Businesses and Industry informed the agency.
- Kazakhstan banks to direct $11 billion to pay debts of external loansThe chairman of the National Bank of Kazakhstan, Anvar Saydenov, informed volume of the funds the Kazakhstan banks of the second level need to direct this year to pay the debts of external loans totals $11 billion, the agency reports.
- Oil extraction in Kazakhstan to decrease by 3 million tonsThe Minister of Economics and Budgetary Planning of Kazakhstan, Bahyt Sultanov, informed oil extraction in Kazakhstan will, probably, decrease by 3 million tons in 2009 in comparison with the forecast, the agency reports.
- EDB allocates $18.9 million to financing of development of export grain projectThe Eurasian Development Bank (ЕDB) starts financing of the project directed at development of export grain in Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing EDB press service.
- Prices in world market of titan increasedAccording to Metal Pages, there is a small growth of the average prices of 70 % ferrotitanium in the world market of titan. London magazine Metal Bulletin notes some renewal of purchasing activity for the first time since June of 2008.
- Fund Samruk-Kazyna to create register of domestic commodity producersThe Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna will create the register of domestic commodity producers. The chairman of the fund, Kayrat Kelimbetov, informed today during the meeting with businessmen concerning purchases from domestic manufacturers, the agency reports.
- Communication enterprises increased volume of services by 10 %The enterprises of communication of Kazakhstan in 2008 rendered services for the sum of 412.3 billion KZT. 165.7 billion KZT have been spent for rendering communication services for the population, which is in the comparable prices more than in 2007 by 10.4 % and 11.1 %, Statistics Agency informs.
- Turnover of goods in Kazakhstan in 2008 increased by 5.5 %Turnover of goods in Kazakhstan in January - December, 2008 (including turnover of goods of non-transport organizations and businessmen engaged in commercial transportations) totaled 369 billion 824.7 million kilometer-tons that is more by 5.5 % as compared to a similar period of January - December, 2007, the monthly report of Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan states.
- Kazkommertsbank and National Bank to receive $1 billionKazkommertsbank and National Bank to receive $1 billion
- Volume of gross agricultural products in 2008 decreased by 5.6 %Volume of gross agricultural products for 2008 in Kazakhstan has totaled 1316.4 billion KZT in the current prices that is below the corresponding parameter for 2007 by 5.6 %, the monthly report of Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informs.
- Difference between prices for imported food and cost of products - 100 % - 300 %The difference in Kazakhstan between the average retail prices for imported food and the cost of these products totals from 100 % up to 300 %. The chairman of the Agency of Kazakhstan for Protection of Competition, Mazhit Esenbayev, informed at Monday's expanded session of the board of the agency, the agency reports.