Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 22:
- Program of development of small and medium businesses for 2005 - 2007 realized inefficientlyAccording to the Count Committee, the program of the measures of development of small and medium scale businesses for 2005 - 2007 has been realized inefficiently, the agency reports citing the message of the press service of the Count Committee for Control over Execution of the Republican Budget.
- Retail commodity turnover in Kazakhstan increased by 3.6 %In 2008 volume of retail commodity turnover in Kazakhstan has been 2508.5 billion KZT and in comparison with the corresponding period of the last year (in real terms) has increased by 3.6 %, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informs.
- Cumulative assets of Eurasian Bank increased by 47.6%Cumulative assets of JSC Company Eurasian Bank for 2008 increased by 47.6 %. The chairman of the board of the bank, Zhomart Ertayev, informed during the press conference, the agency reports.
- Manufacture of automobiles in Kazakhstan decreased by 48 %Manufacture of automobiles in Kazakhstan in January - December, 2008 decreased by 48 %, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informs.
- Almaty akimat, Samruk-Kazyna signed memorandum of cooperationThe akimat of Almaty and the Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna signed the memorandum of cooperation in Almaty akimat today, the agency reports.
- World prices for oil changedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Tuesday, have changed, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Manufacture and distribution of electric power increased by 4.4 %Volume of manufacture and distribution of electric power in Kazakhstan in January - December, 2008 increased by 4.4 %, Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informs.
- Buzachi Operating increased oil extraction by 6.2 %Buzachi Operating Ltd., developing oilfields in the Northern Buzachi in Tupkaragan region of Mangistau oblast, following the results of 2008 has extracted 1 million 710.214 thousand tons of oil that is more by 6.2 % than during the similar period in 2007, the Regional Department of Business and Industry informed the agency.