Now viewing: Economy
- Tax collections and payments to Almaty budget in 2008 decreased by 8 %722 billion KZT was collected in Almaty in 2008 for the city budget that is by 8 % less than in 2007. The report of the Department of Economy and Budgetary Planning of Almaty presented at the meeting on the results of social and economic development of the city for 2008 states, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 23:
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Wednesday, have increased, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Samruk-Kazyna approved export specialization for seven macroregions of KazakhstanThe Managing Director of the National Welfare Fund (FNB) Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Aytekenov, said FNB approved the export specialization for the seven macro regions in Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Volume of coal production in Kazakhstan increased by 12%.The Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources of Kazakhstan, Sauat Mynbayev, said at the meeting in the Energy Ministry that volume of coal production in 2009 amounted to 104.9 million tons, which is more by 12% than in 2007, the agency reports.
- Prices for chromium in world market continue to decreaseThe prices for chromium in the world market continue to decrease. According to the latest information of the agencies Dow Jones Newswires and Metalindex.ru, the average spot for low-carbon ferrochrome (chromium content of 65%) on the European market over the past month decreased.
- KazMunayGas, Gazprom to increase prices for transit of gas through KazakhstanJSC National Company KazMunayGas (NC KMG) and Gazprom agreed to raise prices for the transit of gas through the territory of Kazakhstan from $ 1.4 to $ 1.7 per 1 thousand cubic meters per 100 kilometers. The Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources of Kazakhstan, Sauat Mynbayev, said at the session of the Energy Ministry, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan imports 30% of aviation fuel from RussiaThe Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources of Kazakhstan, Sauat Mynbayev, speaking at the session in the Energy Ministry of Kazakhstan informed Kazakhstan imports 30% of aviation fuel from Russia, the agency reports.