Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign trade turnover in January - November, 2008 increased by 40 %According to customs statistics, (without taking into account unorganized trade) in January - November, 2008 foreign trade turnover of Kazakhstan totaled $101 billion 209.9 million and in comparison with January - November, 2007 increased by 39.9 %, Statistics Agency informs.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 24, 25, 26:
- KazMunaiGas investment program for 2009 includes 65 projectsThe investment program of JSC National Company KazMunaiGas for 2009 includes 65 projects for the total cost of 696 billion KZT. The President of the National Company KazMunaiGas, Kairgeldy Kabyldin, informed on Wednesday in his report at the expanded session of the board of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- 6.8 million square meters of housing put into operation in 20086.8 million square meters of total area of apartment houses that totaled 102.3 % by 2007 was commissioned in 2008 in Kazakhstan. The Minister of Industry and Commerce of Kazakhstan, Vladimir Schkolnik, informed at the meeting in the department with participation of the Prime Minister today, the agency reports.
- Share of enterprises of small and medium businesses in Kazakhstan GDP to reach 31 %The Minister of Industry and Commerce of Kazakhstan, Vladimir Schkolnik, informed at the session of the department the measures for support and development of business will lead to increase of the share of subjects of small business in GDP of Kazakhstan in 2009 up to 31 %, the agency reports.
- KazMunaiGas consolidated volume of oil extraction increased by 8.2 %Consolidated volume of extraction of oil and gas condensate of the groups of companies of JSC KazMunaiGas in 2008 totaled more than 18 million tons, having exceeded the similar parameter of 2007 by 8.2 %, the press release of KazMunaiGas informed.
- Nine projects to be realized in 2009Nine important projects for the sum of nearly $2.5 billion will be realized this year under the program of '30 corporate leaders', the Minister of Industry and Commerce of Kazakhstan, Vladimir Schkolnik, said during the meeting with participation of the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, the agency reports.
- Investment into fixed capital increased by 4.6 %The Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Vladimir Schkolnik, informed investment into fixed capital last year increased by 4.6 % and totaled 3.8 trillion KZT, the agency reports.
- Regional fund of stressful assets to be created in AlmatyThe assistant akim of Almaty, Murat Kudyshev, during the session in Almaty akimat on the results of social and economic development of the city for 2008 informed the regional fund of stressful assets will be created in Almaty, the agency reports.