Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 30:
- Exploration Production KazMunaiGas increased oil extraction by 12.4 %JSC Company Exploration Production KazMunaiGas in 2008 increased oil extraction by 12.4 %, the agency reports citing the press service of the company.
- State purchase procedure to be carried out in electronic formatDirector of Department of Methodology of Management of State Assets and State Purchases of the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan, Bahytbek Tashenev, informed today at the republican meeting in the Ministry of Finance the procedure of carrying out of the state purchases will be done in the electronic format since 2010, the agency reports.
- More than 4 trillion KZT received by budget in 2008The Minister of Finance, Bolat Zhamishev, during the expanded session of the board of the Ministry of Finance informed in 2008 the revenue part of the budget received more than 4 trillion KZT, the agency reports.
- Assets of JSC Company AlphaBank grown by 17.5 % in 2008The assets of JSC Company Alpha Bank grew by 17.5 % in 2008 and for January, 1st, 2009, have been 29 793 011 thousand KZT, the agency reports citing the financial report published on the site of the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE).
- Prices in world market of tin increasedThe prices in the world market of tin have increased. The average price of this metal has increased at the London Metal Exchange (LME), on Malaysian stock exchange in Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur Tin Market, KLTM), and also on the spot markets of China and the USA.
- Lowered rate of taxation for mining enterprises to be introduced in KazakhstanThe Minister of Finance of Kazakhstan, Bolat Zhamishev, at the expanded session of the Ministry of Finance on Wednesday said the lowered rate of taxation will be introduced for the mining enterprises under the condition that the companies do not lay off their employees, the agency reports.
- IMF lowered forecast of economic growth in 2009 from 2.2 % to 0.5 %The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has lowered its forecast of economic growth in 2009 from 2.2 % to 0.5 %, the agency reports citing RBC.