Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 31, February 1,2:
- IMF worsened economic growth forecast for 2009 - 2010The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has worsened its economic growth forecast for 2009 - 2010, IMF report states, the agency reports.
- 4.5 thousand employees of Arcelor Mittal Temirtau to work part timeVice President of the company, General Director of Arcelor Mittal in Kazakhstan, Franc Pannier, said nearly 4.5 thousand workers of steel department of JSC Company Arcelor Mittal Temirtau will work part time since February, 1st, the agency reports.
- Kazakhtelecom to lower tariffs for Internet servicesJSC Kazakhtelecom will lower its tariff plans Megaline Turbo and Megaline Start since February, 1st, 2009, the agency reports citing the press service of JSC Kazakhtelecom.
- Price in world market of copper fluctuateThe price in the world market of copper fluctuate within the limits of a lateral trend. The stocks of copper in the warehouses controllable by the London Metal Exchange (LME), for the last month have increased and in warehouses of the Shanghai Futures Exchange (ShFE) decreased.
- Kazakhstan temir zholy to increase volumes of purchase of products of domestic commodity producers up to 500 billion KZT
Kazakhstan temir zholy to increase volumes of purchase of products of domestic commodity producers up to 500 billion KZTJSC National Company Kazakhstan temir zholy plans to increase volumes of purchase of the domestic goods and services up to 500 billion KZT within five years. The President of Kazakhstan temir zholy, Askar Mamin, informed today at the regional meeting in Pavlodar, the agency reports.
- Sum for purchases of goods and services of five largest companies to be 685 billion KZTThe chairman of the Fund of National Welfare, Kayrat Kelimbetov, today during the meeting concerning purchases from domestic manufacturers said total expenditures for purchase of the goods and services of five largest companies, part of JSC Company Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, in 2009 will amount to more than 685 billion KZT, the agency reports.
- Pavlodar regional akimat, Kazakhstan temir zholy signed memorandum of cooperationPavlodar regional akimat and JSC National Company Kazakhstan temir zholy signed the memorandum of cooperation, the agency reports.