Now viewing: Economy
- Revenue of communication enterprises in January - March, 2009 grown by 4.2 %Revenue of the communication enterprises in Kazakhstan in January - March, 2009 have increased by 4.2 % in comparison with the similar accounting period of 2008, the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan states.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for April 16:
- Kazakhtelecom, Bank of China Huawei Technologies signed memorandum of understandingJSC Company Kazakhtelecom, Bank of China and Huawei Technologies have signed the tripartite memorandum of mutual understanding to finance perspective projects of development of telecommunication of Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing the press service of Kazakhtelecom.
- Administrative expenditures of natural monopolies to be reducedAdministrative expenditures of natural monopolies will be reduced. The chairman of Agency for Regulation of Natural Monopolies of Kazakhstan, Nurlan Aldabergenov, informed today at the meeting devoted to explanation of the goals designated in the message of the President of Kazakhstan 'Through Crisis to Renovation and Development', the agency reports.
- Agency for Regulation of Financial Market forecasts decrease of insurance premiums by 15 %The Agency for Regulation and Supervision of the Financial Market and Financial Organizations of Kazakhstan forecasts in 2009 decrease of volume of insurance premiums by 15 %. Vice President of the agency, Alina Aldambergen, informed during V International Conference on Risk Management, the agency reports.
- KazMunaiGas to sign contracts for $400 millionThe President of KazMunaiGas company, Kairgeldy Kabyldin, informed at the meeting in Almaty akimat JSC National Company KazMunaiGas plans to sign contracts for $400 million on Kashagan project, the agency reports.
- Turnover of goods in I quarter 2009 reduced by 9.1 %Turnover of goods in Kazakhstan in January - March, 2009 totaled 77 billion 532.2 million tons per kilometer that is by 9.1 % less than during the parameter of I quarter of 2008, the agency reports citing the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Retail commodity turnover in I quarter 2009 decreased by 3.4 %Volume of retail commodity turnover in comparison with the corresponding accounting period of the last year reduced by 3.4 % in Kazakhstan in January - March, 2009, the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- World prices for oil gone downThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Tuesday, went down, the agency reports citing the message of RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).