Now viewing: Economy
- Manufacture of gasoline decreased by 14.3 %Manufacture of motor fuel (gasoline, including aviation) decreased by 14.3 % up to 583.6 thousand tons in January - March, 2009 in the Republic, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Assets of JSC Savings Bank grew by 68.6 %The assets of JSC Savings Bank for 2008 have grown by 68.6 % and have amounted to, as of January, 1st, 2009, 97 534 922 thousand KZT, the agency reports citing the financial statement of the bank published on the site of the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE).
- Quotations of basic grades of oil increasedQuotations of the basic grades of oil, following the results of the tenders on Thursday, increased, the agency reports citing the group of companies OMT-Consult.
- Volume of extraction of crude oil in January - March increased by 4.7 %Volume of extraction of crude oil (natural mixture of hydrocarbons), including oil received from minerals bituminous increased in January - March, 2009 by 4.7 % and totaled 15 116.6 thousand tons, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Volume of coal mining in January - March, 2009 decreased by 17.5 %Volume of coal mining in January - March, 2009 decreased by 17.5 % and totaled 24 361.6 thousand tons, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- China to allocate to Kazakhstan $10 billionChina will allocate to Kazakhstan $10 billion. Half of these funds will be directed to oil-and-gas sector of Kazakhstan. This arrangement was reached yesterday in Beijing by the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev during his state visit to the Peoples Republic of China, the agency reports citing Habar agency.
- Export-Import Bank of China grants $100 million loanThe Export-Import Bank of China and JSC Development Bank of Kazakhstan signed the agreement on granting the preferential demand credit line on April, 16th, 2009 in Beijing. The agreement was signed during the state visit of the President of the Republic Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, to the Chinese National Republic, the agency reports citing Development Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Kelimbetov - candidate in election to Supervisory CouncilThe Supervisory Council of the Savings Bank of Russia has included Kayrat Kelimbetov candidature in the list for election to the structure of the council, the press service of the Savings Bank of the Russian Federation informed the agency.