Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for April 21:
- PetroChina intends to purchase 50 % of MangistauMunaiGas sharesChinese Oil Corporation PetroChina informed Kazakhstan on intention of purchasing 50 % of shares of JSC MangistauMunaiGas, the agency reports citing information resource k2kapital.
- Oil extraction of KazMunaiGas Exploration Production decreased by 5.2%According to the preliminary data, JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Production in I quarter 2009 has extracted 2743 thousand tons of oil that is by 5.2 % less than during the similar period of 2008, the agency reports citing JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Production press service.
- Oil extraction of KazMunaiGas companies increased by 0.3%Consolidated volume of oil and gas condensate extraction of KazMunaiGas group of companies for January - March, 2009 totaled 4436 thousand tons that is by 0.3 % more than during the similar parameter of the corresponding period of 2008, the agency reports citing KazMunaiGas press service.
- Foreign trade turnover of Kazakhstan decreased by 38.8%Foreign trade turnover of Kazakhstan in January - February, 2009 amounted to $9.1 billion and in comparison with the similar period of 2008 decreased by 38.8 %, monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan states.
- GDP in Kazakhstan gone down by 2 %The Minister of Economy and Budgetary Planning of Kazakhstan, Bahyt Sultanov, informed after the selector government meeting that GDP in Kazakhstan in the first quarter went down by 2 %, the agency reports.
- Prices of tin increasedThe prices in the world market of tin increased. The average price of metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) at the last tenders increased. Stocks of tin in the LME warehouses increased last month.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for April 18, 19, 20: