Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 8:
- Mass cotton sowing began in South Kazakhstan areaMass cotton sowing began in the South Kazakhstan area. Vice chairman of the Regional Agriculture Department, Kanatbek Ospanbekov, informed, the agency reports.
- KEGOC to make amendments to income and expenditure budget for 2009JSC Company KEGOC plans to introduce amendments to the income and expenditure budget for 2009, the agency reports citing KEGOC press service.
- Majority of theft of budgetary funds committed by officialsThe majority of plunders of budgetary funds have been committed by officials. The official representative of Kazakhstan Agency for Struggle Against Economic and Corruption Criminality (financial police), Murat Zhumanbay, informed during weekly briefing on Wednesday, the agency reports.
- Prices in world market of titan increasedThe prices in the world market of titan have increased. According to Metal Pages, the average prices of 70 % ferrotitanium (with the maximum content of aluminium of 4.5 %) in the free market of Europe, with payment of duty, have raised.
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Wednesday, have increased, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).