Now viewing: Economy
- Current operations account of balance of payments developed with deficit of $1 billionAccording to the preliminary data for I quarter 2009, the current operations account of balance of payments has developed with deficit of more than $1 billion, the agency reports citing the National Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 13:
- Construction contracts on Western Europe - Western China project to be signedConstruction contracts of the project - Western Europe - Western China will be signed in October - November of 2009. The Minister of Transport and Communications of Kazakhstan, Abelgazy Kusainov, informed at the government session today, the agency reports.
- Energy Ministry suggests introducing European price of gas in home marketSauat Mynbaev informed at the government session the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of Kazakhstan suggests introducing the European price for gas in the home market since 2020, the agency reports.
- KazAgro to purchase 1 million tons of grainNational Holding KazAgro plans to buy about 1 million tons of grain. The chairman of the board of JSC Company KazAgro, Asylzhan Mamytbekov, informed today during the government session, the agency reports.
- Tariff for electric power by 2015 to be 8.8 KZT for 1 kwTariff for electric power by 2015 to be 8.8 KZT for 1 kw
- Official rate of refinancing of National Bank - 9 % annualThe official rate of refinancing of the National Bank of Kazakhstan has been 9 % annual since May, 12th of 2009, the press release of the National Bank informed, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan refused to sign Nabucco political declarationKazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan have refused to sign the political declaration prepared for the opened on Friday in Prague summit 'Southern Corridor - New Silk Way', the agency reports citing Russian state broadcasting company Voice of Russia.