Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 15:
- JSC Kazatomprom assets grown by 4.3 %In I quarter 2009 the assets of JSC Company Kazatomprom have grown by 4.3 % and have been 358 710 211 thousand KZT, the agency reports citing the consolidated balance sheet as of March, 31st, 2009.
- Industry Ministry created list of domestic manufacturers for realization of socially-significant programs
Industry Ministry created list of domestic manufacturers for realization of socially-significant programsThe Ministry of Industry and Commerce created the list of domestic manufacturers for realization of socially-significant programs. The Responsible Secretary of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce of Kazakhstan, Vyacheslav Sovetsky, informed during the republican meeting on problems of small and medium business on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- KazTransOil increased volume of transportation of oil by 4.6 %JSC KazTransOil in January - April, 2009 in comparison with the similar period of 2008 has increased volume of oil transportation by 4.6 %, the agency reports citing the press service of the company.
- Price for oil exceeded $60 per barrelThe world market prices for oil have remained high: at the last tenders June future for Light Sweet Crude Oil at New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) was $59.42 per barrel and at the tenders its cost, for the first time for the last half a year, has exceeded $60 per barrel.
- World market prices for wheat grewThe world market prices for wheat have grown. June future quotations on soft wheat SRW at the last tenders at the Chicago stock exchange (Chicago Board of Trade - СВОТ) were 582 cents per bushel ($213.7 for a ton).
- World market prices of zinc increaseFollowing the results of the last month, the prices in the world market of zinc have gone up. The average price of this metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) at the last tenders went up again.
- World prices for oil gone downThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Wednesday, have gone down, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).