Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for June 4:
- Oil extraction in Russia increased by 1 %Oil extraction in Russia in May, 2009 increased by 1 % and gas production decreased by 28 %, the agency reports citing RBC newspaper daily.
- Total cost of purchased medical products - 1 billion KZTFollowing the results of the first advertised tender, total cost of the purchased medical products within the limits of the pilot list confirmed by the Ministry of Health of Kazakhstan in the second half of 2009 has been more than 1 billion KZT, the agency reports citing SK-PHARMACY press service.
- Franchising - realized more successfully at stages of economic recessionFranchising is realized more successfully at the stages of economic recession. The American Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary Ambassador to Kazakhstan, Richard Haugland, stated today during the forum 'Franchising in Kazakhstan 2009 - Opportunities and Problems, the agency reports.
- KazMunaiGas to increase oil extraction up to 37 million tons by 2020JSC National Company KazMunaiGas Exploration Production forecasts increase of oil extraction up to 37 million tons. Director of Geology and Geophysics Department of the National Company KazMunaiGas, Anuar Dzhaksybekov, informed at V anniversary conference on intensification of oil and gas extraction in Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Manufacture of agricultural products in CIS countries in I quarter 2009 increased by 3 %Volume of agricultural production, on average, in the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States has increased by 3 % in I quarter of 2009 in comparison with the similar period of the last year, the agency reports citing the CIS Interstate Statistical Committee.
- GDP in CIS countries in January - April, 2009 decreased by 9 %GDP in CIS countries in January - April, 2009 decreased by 9 in comparison with the similar period of the last year, the agency reports citing CIS Interstate Statistical Committee.