Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for June 19:
- European Investment Bank to sign agreement with Economy Ministry of KazakhstanIn the near future, the European Investment Bank plans to sign the agreement with the Ministry of Economy and Budgetary Planning of Kazakhstan for financing of investment projects in Kazakhstan. Director of General-Directorate of the European Commission for External Relations, Gunnar Wiegand, informed at the briefing on Wednesday in the representation of the European Commission in Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Volume of total agricultural products in January - May increased by 3.1 %Volume of gross agricultural production in Kazakhstan, in January - May, 2009, in comparison with the similar period of last year, has increased by 3.1 % and has amounted to 247.2 billion KZT, the agency reports citing monthly report of Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Chrome world market has signs of stabilizationChrome world market has signs of stabilization. During last weeks, according to Dow Jones Newswires information, the world prices for chrome have gone up due to reduction of stocks and moderate growth of demand for this metal.
- World prices for oil increasedFollowing the results of the tenders on June 17, 2009, the prices for oil at the leading oil stock exchanges, have increased, the agency reports citing the data of London stock exchange InterContinental Exchange Futures (ICE) and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).