Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for June 20, 21, 22:
- Short results of social and economic development of Kazakhstan in January - MayKazakhstan Statistics Agency has summed up the results of social and economic development of Kazakhstan for January - May, 2009, the agency reports citing monthly statistical report of the department.
- Prices for oil - $71 per barrelFollowing the results of the tenders on June 18, 2009,the prices for oil futures at the leading world stock exchanges have continued to grow and established above $71 per barrel, the agency reports citing the data of London stock exchange InterContinental Exchange Futures (ICE) and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).
- Finnish Concern Tikkurila opened representation in KazakhstanWorld manufacturer of paint and varnish products - Finnish concern Tikkurila within the limits of development strategy has opened its offices in Kazakhstan and Central Asia. The head of the representation Simo Laytalo informed during the press conference in Almaty on Thursday.
- Real Estate Fund Samruk-Kazyna, home producers agreed to stabilize construction materials pricesReal Estate Fund Samruk-Kazyna with support of Astana akimat and the Union of Commodity Producers and Exporters of Kazakhstan, signed the cooperation agreement with home producers of construction materials: Open Company Alit, Open Company SBS-Trade, JSC Ekoton +, Open Company TD Brick factory №1 to render support to home producer and increase Kazakhstan's share in works and services, the agency reports citing the press service of Real Estate Fund Samruk-Kazyna.
- Turnover of goods in January - May reduced by more than 10 %Turnover of goods in Kazakhstan for January - May, 2009 has been 130 billion 414.8 million tons per kilometer that is by 10.9 % lower as compared to turnover in January - May, 2008, the agency reports citing the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.