Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for July 3:
- Inflation in Almaty in June, 2009 totaled 0.6 %Inflation rate in Almaty was 0.6 % in June, 2009, the agency reports citing the Statistics Department of Almaty.
- Agreement on signing Nabucco project may be postponed due to shortage of gasSigning of the intergovernmental agreement on the energy project Nabucco, planned for the middle of July, may be postponed due to unresolved problems of filling the TransCaspian pipeline with gas. Turkish mass media informed on Tuesday, the agency reports citing information-analytical portal Neft Rossii.
- Monthly calculated index (MRP) increasedSize of a monthly calculated index (MRP) has increased since July, 1st, 2009, the agency reports citing the Law of Kazakhstan № 150-4 of April, 9th, 2009 on amendments and additions to the Republic Kazakhstan Law on Republican Budget for 2009 - 2011.
- Caspian pipeline consortium increased oil export by 10.9 %Caspian pipeline consortium (CPC) in January - June, 2009 has increased its export of oil from the terminal Southern Ozereyka-2 by 10.9 % in comparison with the similar period of the last year, the agency reports citing CPC press service.
- Prices in uranium world market increasedFor the last month, according to consulting companies TradeTech Uranium Information and The Ux Consulting Company, the prices for oxide uranium (U3O8) in the spot market gone up.
- Living wage in Kazakhstan in June totaled 13 393 KZTLiving wage in the Republic of Kazakhstan in June, 2009 has amounted to 13 393 KZT, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- World prices for oil gone downThe prices for oil at the leading oil stock exchanges, following the results of the tenders, have gone down on July 1st, 2009, the agency reports citing London stock exchange InterContinental Exchange Futures (ICE) and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).