Now viewing: Economy
- Retail prices for goods and prices for similar imported goods differ by 4.4 timesThe retail prices for the goods made in Kazakhstan and the prices for the similar imported goods differ by 1.1 - 4.4 times within the period of July 17-23, 2009, the agency reports citing Committee of Customs Control of the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for July 29:
- EDB, EuroHim signed memorandum of cooperationThe Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) and Open Society EuroHim signed the memorandum of mutual understanding on Monday. The chairman of the EDB board, Igor Finogenov, and General Director EuroHim, Dmitry Strezhnev, signed the documents, the agency reports citing the press service of the bank.
- KMG extracted oil by 3.8 % less than last yearJSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Production, taking into account the shares of the companies KazGerMunai and CCEL for the first half of 2009, has extracted 5673 thousand tons of oil (230.7 thousand barrels a day) that is by 226 thousand tons or 3.8 % less than during the similar period in 2008, the agency reports citing KMG press service.
- Prices in world market of titanium gone upThe prices for ferrotitanium in Europe in July went up, caused by limited deliveries and renewing interest of the steelmaking enterprises and trading companies.
- World prices for oil gone upThe world prices for oil, following the results of tenders on Monday, gone up, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Eight priority sectors of agricultural development definedEight priority sectors of agricultural development of Kazakhstan have been defined. Vice Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Armand Evniev, informed at the coordination council session on industrially-innovative development of Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing official mass media.