Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for July 31:
- Air Astana increased tariffs without notifying antimonopoly committeeJSC Company Air Astana has increased tariffs, without having notified the antimonopoly committee, the agency reports citing television channel KTK.
- Kazakhmys companies in I half of 2009 increased copper manufacture by 8 %Corporation Kazakhmys in I half of 2009 has increased copper manufacture in cathodic equivalent by 8 % in comparison with the similar period of 2008, the agency reports citing the corporation.
- Volumes of crediting of rural consumer cooperative societies to be increased up to 3.5 billion KZTWe need to increase volumes of crediting of rural consumer cooperative societies up to 3.5 billion KZT in the budget of 2010. The Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Akylbek Kurishbaev, said during the selector government meeting, the agency reports.
- Wheat crop to increase by 1.5 - 2 million tonsAccording to the forecasts of the Ministry of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, this year wheat crop will increase by 1.5 - 2 million tons. The Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Akylbek Kurishbaev, informed in the interview to journalists after the selector government meeting, the agency reports.
- Prices in copper world market increasedThe prices in the copper world market have increased. The monthly average price of this metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) at last tenders and the prices of futures copper contracts at the New York stock exchange COMEX (Commodity Exchange of N.Y.) and copper contracts at the Shanghai Futures Exchange (ShFE) have increased.
- World prices for oil significantly gone downFollowing the results of tenders on Wednesday, the world prices for oil have significantly gone down, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).