Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for August 22, 23, 24:
- Food Corporation to purchase grain crop of 2009 at $165 per tonFood Corporation to purchase grain crop of 2009 at $165 per ton
- Manufacture of automobiles decreasedManufacture of automobiles has decreased in January - July, 2009 in the Republic, Statistics Agency informed.
- Prices for uranium on spot market gone downAccording to the consulting companies TradeTech Uranium Information and The Ux Consulting Company, for the last month, the price market of oxide uranium (U3O8) on spot market have gone down.
- Price of OPEC oil basket gone up by almost 2.5 %The price of OPEC oil basket has gone up by almost 2.5 % and for the first time this week has exceeded $70 per barrel, the agency reports citing an information-analytical portal Neft Rossii.
- In January - July manufacture and distribution of electric power decreased by 6.1 %In January - July, 2009, manufacture and distribution of electric power in Kazakhstan decreased by 6.1 % to 652.2 thousand kW-h, Statistics Agency informed.