Now viewing: Economy
- Revenues of telecommunications agencies in January - August grown by 5 %Revenue of telecommunications agencies in January - August, 2010 have increased by 5 % in comparison with the corresponding period of 2009 and amounted to 308 billion 369.9 million KZT. The monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan states.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for September 25, 26, 27:
- Turnover of goods in Kazakhstan in January - August grown by 11 %Turnover of goods in Kazakhstan in January - August, 2010 has amounted to 235 billion KZT 63.7 million tons per kilometer that is by 11 % more than during a corresponding indicator for January - August, 2009, the agency reports citing the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Volume of total agricultural production in January - August, 2010 increased by 2.6 %Volume of gross agricultural production in January - August, 2010 in comparison with the similar period of the last year has increased by 2.6 % and amounted to 604.7 billion KZT, the agency reports citing the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Price for wheat in world grain market decreased $7 per bushelThe leading world Chicago Grain Exchange began its work with falling of the prices for wheat by 2.4 % on Thursday. A bushel of wheat (27.3 kg), at the tenders in an electronic format, was $7.025 by 14.00, Astana time, the agency reports citing ITAR-TASS.
- Grain purchase price needs to be increased up to $250 per tonThe deputy of the Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan, Svetlana Dzhalmagambetova, during the plenary session of the chamber addressed the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan with an inquiry, where she has suggested to increase the price of grain purchased from farmers by Food Corporation up to $250 per ton, the agency reports.
- World prices for oil went up on September 23The prices for oil at the tenders on Thursday, September 23, increased in the background of the news that ConocoPhillips, the largest oil refiner in New Jersey, the USA, has stopped its works. The dollar/euro exchange rate has decreased.