Now viewing: Economy
- Kazakhstan exported 12.7 million tons of grainFor the period from September 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012 for export 12.7 million tons of grain were shipped including flour in grain equivalent, which is 2.5 times more than in the 2010-2011 marketing year.
- Talgo to maintain 1,044 passenger cars in Kazakhstan for 989.37 million eurosSpanish Railway Online Newsletter, this contract, signed with Passazhirskie Perevozki (passenger operations subsidiary of Kazakhstan Temir Zholy (KTZ), the Kazakh Railways), is the second major contract won by the company abroad, after being awarded the one to supply high-speed trains to Saudi Arabia, and it means the continuation of a business relationship which started 12 years ago with the tests run on Kazakh lines of a first Talgo train set.
- Kazakhstan's GDP grew by 5.6% over 8 months of the yearDuring the first six months the amount of mutual trade with Customs Union countries exceeded 13 billion US dollars.
- Austrian media writes about Kazakhstan's successDirector of the Eurasia Research Centre under Viennese Career Advancement Institute Alexander Khvorostov considers the research data of the World Economic Forum in Davos as authoritative and objective. He backed up the data of many sociological surveys and identified the main reasons behind Kazakhstan's successful development which includes public confidence in politicians, meaningfulness and efficiency of government spending and protection of investors.
- Air Astana CEO wants to stay independent of alliancesAs president of "Air Astana" Peter Foster told AirTransportWorld Onlne, speaking on the sidelines of the IATA Central Asia and Caucasus Aviation Day in Astana, "Air Astana" has "tactical relationships," especially in codeshares, which make it a more attractive partner.