Now viewing: Economy
- Malaysian Oil & Gas companies' sales in Kazakhstan totaled $64 millionThe Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (Matrade) said the generated sales were for various products and services such as engineering services, gasket, seals and expansion joints, transportation of halal products and services, non-destructive testing and radioactive materials and metal bellows.
- Iran to link railway network to neighborsThey discussed creating a joint venture for the construction of the railway Qazvin-Rasht-Astara (Iran) to Astara (Azerbaijan), the design of construction and other issues.
- ICD starts investing in alternate energy from Bosnia to KazakhstanMr. Khaled Al-Aboodi, CEO of the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), stated that the fund is designed for the countries of the Caucasus and Central Asia Regions, key of which are Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Turkey.
- Tethys Petroleum's preliminary results of exploration in Kazakhstan show potentialAccording to the company's press release, published on Equities.com, the "Dyna" sheet sand and the "Doris" channel sand were both present and of good quality but both have been interpreted as being water bearing. Drilling is now about to recommence on the well towards a planned total depth ("TD") of 2,750 metres in order to more fully assess the potential hydrocarbon bearing zones in the Upper Jurassic sand sequence.
- White & Case Advises Verny Capital on Kazzinc SaleThe deal, which was subject to a number of conditions, including approval from the Kazakhstan authorities, was agreed in September this year and takes Glencore's stake in Kazzinc to 70 percent.