Now viewing: Economy
- Kazakhmys on to meet FY copper cathode production forecastThe company said the copper outlook remains positive and its growth projects are moving ahead on schedule. Full-year copper cathode production is projected to lie between 285,000 and 295,000 tonnes.
- Kazakhstan aims for closer economic cooperation with Belarus"During the business forum enterprises of the two countries are expected to conclude preliminary agreements, including on the establishment of joint enterprises in Belarus. The cooperation agreements will be signed in November this year at the next meeting of the Belarus-Kazakhstan intergovernmental commission for trade and economic cooperation," Yergali Bulegenov said.
- Kyrgyzstan's Kambarata Hydropower plant-1 is necessary for Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan"Our nearest neighbors are interested in water for irrigation. In winter, we will exploit Kambarata-1 by accumulating water in the Toktogul Reservoir, and in spring we will be able to give it to Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. We will prove that the project is not a threat, and will help farmers in Fergana Valley with irrigation," Almazbek Atambayev said.
- New railway network to change transportation pattern in region - Ahmadinejad"This (railway) network changes the region's transportation map and pattern," Ahmadinejad said, addressing the inauguration ceremony of industrial and development projects in Bandar Abbas in the Southern Hormozgan province on Sunday.
- Online shopping becomes fastest growing segment of e-commerce in KazakhstanKazakhstan's online shopping market will grow by 25% before the end of the year, and by 2014 the total amount of transactions carried out through electronic means of payment could reach one billion US dollars, according to market participants and independent experts. Experts named online shopping as the most rapidly growing segment of E-commerce.
- Posco E&C to develop a new town in Kazakhstan"The G4 New Town Development Project is a mammoth government-private joint project, worth as much as $45.3 billion (USD), which will involve the creation of four new towns, whose initials all start with the letter "G", and which are situated across a 79 km long corridor between Almaty and the lake of Kapchagay," the online edition reports.