Now viewing: Economy
- North Dakota-bred cattle taking hold in Kazakhstan"North Dakota Trade Office Executive Director Dean Gorder says about a dozen Kazakhstan cowboys are slated to work on North Dakota ranches next month for an intensive two-week crash-course in tending cattle."
- Sberbank in Kazakhstan to provide world's first jewel-encrusted solid gold Visa cards"We are delighted that our cardholders in Kazakhstan are amongst the world's first who are able to take advantage of this exclusive offer. Issuance of such premium cards is part of a comprehensive program meant to ensure the highest level of Sberbank's customers' service. The unique Sberbank Visa Infinite companion card is the best way to reflect the ultimate status of a cardholder," said Sergei Inushin, deputy chairman for retail business of Sberbank.
- Online retail market grows in Kazakhstan"Staking its claim in the Kazakh market, Russian online clothing retailer Lamoda, one of the Rocket Internet sites, entered Kazakhstan in March. Six months later, the company secured an investment - said to be between $50 and $80m - from JP Morgan, which will be used to grow its business in Kazakhstan and other Commonwealth of Independent States countries."
- Moody's gave high assessment to financial capability of Eurasian Development BankMoody's Investors Service international rating agency has published the annual rating report on the Eurasian Development Bank, which states that its A3 long-term rating and P-2 short-term rating in the foreign currency are supported by the financial stability of the EDB. The agency noted that in terms of capital adequacy the main strength of the EDB is that its share capital is fully paid up. In this regard, Moody's noted that this is a rarity for the multilateral financial institutions.
- Talks between Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan on retaining parallel work of energy ring postponed
Talks between Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan on retaining parallel work of energy ring postponed"There are technical issues that require detailed workout. Due to this, the agreement was not signed on October 25 as it was planned. But it will be surely singed in November," Alexey Borodin believes.