Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for April 10:
- Turkmenistan stopped delivery of gas to RussiaTurkmenistan has completely stopped delivery of gas to Russia because of gas pipeline explosion, the agency reports citing the radio station Echo of Moscow.
- Banks of second level used 26.5 % of fundsAs of April, 3rd, 2009, the cumulative size of the funds used by the banks of the second level has totaled 33.7 billion KZT (26.5 % of total amount of the allocated resources), the agency reports citing Fund of Business Development Damu.
- Kazakhstan to change banking legislationKazakhstan to change banking legislation
- World market prices of steel stabilizedThere are many contradictions in the world market of steel production as well as the signs of stabilization. If the price for steel half-finished products grows, the prices for sheet steel fall. At the London Metal Exchange (LME) the price of the "Mediterranean" half-finished products (Steel Mediterranean) with the immediate delivery has increased. In Europe and the USA the prices for sheet steel continue to decrease.
- Astana akimat concluded memorandum of stabilization of food pricesAstana akimat, the markets, trade networks and supermarkets signed memorandum of stabilization of food prices, the agency reports.