Now viewing: Economy
- Turnover of commodity exchange to reach up to $200 millionThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, set an objective for the Agency for Regulation of Regional Financial Center of Almaty to make in 2009 turnover of the commodity exchange up to $200 million. The chairman of the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Regulation of activity of the Regional Financial Centre of Almaty, Arken Arystanov, informed today during the press conference, following the results of the meeting with the President of Kazakhstan in Almaty, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for April 11, 12, 13:
- Situation in banking sector remains uneasyThe situation in the banking sector continues to remain uneasy. The chairman of Agency for Regulation and Supervision of the Financial Market and Financial Organizations of Kazakhstan, Elena Bahmutova, informed today during the press conference, following the results of the meeting with the President of Kazakhstan in Almaty, the agency reports.
- Price for oil increasedThe prices of the world market for oil, following the results of the tenders on April, 9th, 2009 at the leading oil stock exchanges, have increased, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Deliveries of gas to Russia from Turkmenistan resumedDeliveries of gas to Russia from Turkmenistan have been resumed on three out of four pipelines. Vice chairman of Gazprom, Valery Golubev, informed today, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).