Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 14:
- ENRC reduced manufacture of ferroalloys by 30 %Manufacture of ferroalloys of Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation (ENRC) in I quarter of 2009 in comparison with the similar accounting period of 2008 has been reduced by 32.4 %, the agency reports citing the ENRC press service.
- Eurasia reimbursed damage to owner of space vehicleJSC Insurance Company Eurasia has reimbursed damage to the owner of the space vehicle Express-АМ2, the agency reports citing IC Eurasia press service.
- Price for export products decreased by 37.3 % in I quarter 2009The prices for export products have decreased by 37.3 % and the prices for import products have increased by 1.6 % in Kazakhstan in I quarter of 2009 in comparison with the similar period of the last year, the agency reports citing the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- 180 investment projects to be finished this yearMore than 180 investment projects for the sum of 643 billion KZT will be completed this year. The Minister of Economy and Budgetary Planning, Bahyt Sultanov, informed at the government session on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- Spot prices for uranium gone upLast month, according to TradeTech Uranium Information and The Ux Consulting Company, the prices of oxide-uranium (U3O8) on the spot market have gone up.
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Tuesday, have increased, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Volume of securities in circulation increased by 4.7 %Volume of securities in circulation of the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan, as of end of April, 2009, has increased in comparison with the last month by 4.7 % and has been 893.4 billion KZT. Notes of the National Bank have decreased by 9.9 % and have totaled 172.4 billion KZT, the agency reports citing the National Bank of Kazakhstan.