Now viewing: Economy
- Kazakhstan increases customs duties for import of foodstuffsKazakhstan increases customs duties on import of basic foodstuffs produced in the Republic in sufficient amount. The Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Akylbek Kurishbaev, informed today in Akorda after the meeting of the Security Council, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 20:
- Industrial production decreased by 4.8 % in January - April, 2009Industrial production in Kazakhstan in January - April, 2009 totaled 2227.8 billion KZT and index of industrial production in comparison with the similar period of the last year has been 95.2 %, the agency reports citing the monthly report of Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- 591.8 thousand tons of Tengiz oil transported through BTC pipeline591.8 thousand tons of Tengiz oil have been transported through Baku - Tbilisi - Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline in January - April, 2009, the State Statistical Committee informed the agency.
- Revenue of export of meat may reach level of revenue of export of grainRevenue of export of meat in Kazakhstan may reach the revenue level of export of grain. Vice Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Armand Evniev, informed during the break of the Kazakhstan-Saudi business-forum, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan ready to provide agricultural lands for foreign investorsKazakhstan is ready to provide agricultural lands for foreign investors. Vice Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Armand Evniev, informed during the break of the Kazakhstan-Saudi business-forum on Monday, the agency reports.
- Manufacture of gold in Kazakhstan increased by 20.5 %Manufacture of affinated gold has increased in Kazakhstan in January - April, 2009 by 20.5 % up to 3228 kg, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- World prices for oil gone upThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Monday, have increased, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).