Now viewing: Economy
- Kazakhstan to overcome crisis first among CIS countriesKazakhstan will be the first among the CIS countries to overcome the crisis. The chairman of the board of JSC Company Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, said today during the fifth international PR-forum, the agency reports.
- Volume of construction works in January - April, 2009 reduced by 8.6 %Volume of construction works in Kazakhstan in January - April, 2009 in comparison with the similar period of the last year was reduced by 8.6 % and has been 337.6 billion KZT, the agency reports citing the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 21:
- KazAgroFinance to direct 19 billion KZT for purchase of agricultural machineryKazAgroFinance plans to direct 19 billion 200 million KZT for purchase of agricultural machinery in 2009, the agency reports citing the press service of JSC Company KazAgroFinance.
- Debt re-structuring plan of BTA Bank to be given to creditors and investors in JuneDebt re-structuring plan of BTA Bank will be given to creditors and investors in the beginning of June. The chairman of the board of JSC Company Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, informed today during the fifth international PR-forum, the agency reports.
- ArcelorMittal Temirtau may suspend its workJSC Company ArcelorMittal Temirtau is experiencing serious financial difficulties, which can cause partial or full suspension of its activities and laying off of employees, the agency reports citing the message of the press service of the company.
- TengizChevroil to extract 24 million tons of oilTengizChevroil expects to extract in 2009 24 million tons of oil, TengizChevroil press service informed the agency.
- TengizChevroil in I quarter 2009 increased oil extraction by 20.9 %Open Company TengizChevroil in I quarter of 2009 increased its oil extraction by 20.9 %, the press release widespread by Public Relations Department states.
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Tuesday have increased, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).