Now viewing: Economy
- Retail prices for goods and prices for similar imported goods differ by 1.2 - 4.1 timesThe retail prices for the goods in Kazakhstan and the prices for the similar imported goods has differed by 1.2 - 4.1 times within the period of July 10 - 16, 2009, the agency reports citing Committee of Customs Control of the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for July 22:
- Banking sector crisis avoided owing to measures undertaken by the stateThe chairman of the board of the Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, stated during the government session the banking sector crisis has been avoided and the financial system of the country has been stabilized owing to the measures undertaken by the state, the agency reports.
- Sugar production decreased by 29.2 %Volume of production of sugar has decreased by 29.2 % in Kazakhstan in January - June, 2009 and has been 169 956 tons, the Statistics Agency informed.
- Manufacture of flour increased by 6.6 %Manufacture of flour from grain crops and grain blending of high grade has increased by 6.6 % in Kazakhstan in January - June, 2009 and totaled 1 614 372 tons, the Statistics Agency informed.
- Manufacture of refined sunflower oil increased by 7.5 %Manufacture of refined sunflower oil and its fractions has increased by 7.5 % and has amounted to 32 943 tons in Kazakhstan in January - June 2009, the Statistics Agency informed.
- Oil transportation volume through BTC pipeline to be 50 million tons of oil in 2009Oil transportation through Baku - Tbilisi - Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline in 2009 will be 50 million tons of oil. President of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan, Rovnag Abdullaev, informed today in Baku at the meting with the EU delegation headed by the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden, Carl Bildt, the agency reports.
- Statistical data of second quarter of 2009 demonstrates positive tendenciesStatistical data of the results of the second quarter of 2009 demonstrates positive tendencies. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, stated at the government session today.
- Monetary weight increased by 8.3 %Monetary weight in Kazakhstan has increased by 8.3 % in the first half of 2009 and, as of July, 1st, 2009, has amounted to 6 786 278 million KZT. Monthly growth has been 3 %, the agency reports citing the National Bank of Kazakhstan.
- World prices of zinc fluctuateFollowing the results of last month, the prices in the world market for zinc have fluctuated. Zinc stocks in the warehouses controlled by London Metal Exchange (LME), for the last month, have increased.
- Volume of export of coal decreased by 17.8 %Volume of export of coal decreased by 17.8 % and totaled 11 810.8 thousand tons in Kazakhstan in January - May, the Statistics Agency informed.