Now viewing: Economy
- Works on reconstruction of transport corridor Western Europe - Western China to begin in OctoberThe works on reconstruction of the site of the transport corridor - Western Europe - Western China in Kyzylorda area will begin in October, 2009. The chief of Regional Department of Passenger Transport and Highways, Serzhan Nametsha, informed at the meeting, the agency reports citing the press service of the regional akimat.
- Prices in world market of gold gone upThe prices of gold in the world market have increased. Following the results of regular trading session on COMEX (division of New York commodity exchange (NYMEX), the price of August contract on delivery of gold has gone up.
- A number of coal-mining companies of Kazakhstan included into list of monopolistsA number of coal-mining companies of Kazakhstan has been included into the list of monopolists. Such decision was made yesterday at the meeting of the Agency for Competition Protection (antimonopoly body), the agency reports citing the press service of the agency.
- Volume of tenders for foreign currencies on KASE decreased by 11.1 %For the first 7 months of 2009, volume of tenders for foreign currencies on KASE has decreased by 11.1 % and has been 5.2 trillion KZT ($36.4 billion), the agency report citing Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE).
- Prices of enterprises - manufacturers of industrial products increased by 3.3 %The prices of the enterprises - manufacturers of industrial products in Kazakhstan, including services of industrial character, in July, 2009 in comparison with the last month have increased by 3.3 %, the agency reports citing the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Tax load on non-oil sector of economy to be lowered by 0.5 % since 2010According to the project of the republican budget for the forthcoming three-year period, tax load on non-oil sector of the economy will be lowered by 0.5 % in relation to GDP in Kazakhstan since 2010. The government's decree of Kazakhstan of April 30, 2009 №616 on amendments and additions to the government's order of Kazakhstan of February 16, 2009 №152 published in official mass media states.
- Almaty area to receive 1 million tons of grain in 2009Almaty area will receive 1 million tons of grain this year. The President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, was informed during his working trip to Almaty area, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- Caspian pipeline consortium in January - July, 2009 increased oil export by 12.2 %Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC) in January - July, 2009 has increased export of oil from the terminal Southern Ozereyka-2 by 12.2 % in comparison with the similar period of last year, the agency reports citing CPC.
- GDP in CIS countries in I half of 2009 decreased by 9 %GDP in January - June, 2009 in comparison with the similar period of last year in the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States decreased by 9 %, the agency reports citing CIS Interstate Statistical Committee.