Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for August 21:
- Manufacture of silver increased by 5.8 %Manufacture of silver in January - July, 2009 in the Republic increased by 5.8 % and manufacture of gold has increased by 26.9 %, Statistics Agency informed.
- Gasoline manufacture decreased by 7.4 % in January - JulyManufacture of motor fuel in Kazakhstan in January - July, 2009 (gasoline, including aviation) has decreased by 7.4 % and has totaled 1390.8 thousand tons, Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Volume of production of cement decreased by 7.7 % in January - JulyVolume of production of cement in Kazakhstan has decreased in January - July, 2009 by 7.7 %, Statistics Agency informed.
- Social and economic development of Almaty for January - July, 2009The Statistics Department of Almaty informed on the results of social and economic development of the city in January - July, 2009, the agency reports.
- ENRC in I half of 2009 reduced manufacture of ferroalloys by 28.4 %Manufacture of ferroalloys by Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation (ENRC) in I half of 2009 in comparison with the similar accounting period of 2008 was reduced by 28.4 %, the agency reports citing ENRC press service.
- Prices in steel world market continue to increaseThe prices in the steel world market have continued to increase owing to the hopes of manufacturers towards increase of demand in the early autumn. Progressing increase of the price of scrap metal influences the prices as well, the analysts consider.
- Kazakhstan to increase grain export by 1 - 2 million tonsThis year, Kazakhstan plans to increase grain export by 1 - 2 million tons. The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, informed in Kokshetau at the meeting on Wednesday concerning creation of food belt around Astana, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of tenders on Wednesday have significantly increased, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Prices for tea reached historical maximumThe prices for tea in the world market reached historical maximum, having created threat of its shortage in connection with drought in the largest countries-manufacturers: Kenya, Sri Lanka and India. British Broadcasting Corporation informed (BBC), the agency reports citing official mass media.