Now viewing: All news
- First tourist to fly around the Moon in 2015The first ticket to the first commercial space flight around the moon on the Russian manned spaceship has been sold to a VIP-person, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 3:
- NASA finds new planets outside solar systemNASA has found new small planets outside our solar system, the agency reports.
- Protein that protects against prostate cancer foundScientists have discovered a naturally-occurring protein that appears to protect against prostate cancer, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan to hold early presidential electionsKazakhstan will hold early presidential elections, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Plants that can detect bombs developedScientists have developed plants that can detect bombs, the agency reports.
- Obesity hinders breast cancer screeningA new study has found that obesity hinders breast cancer screening, the agency reports.
- Russian military satellite is likely to be lostRussia has likely lost its military satellite in space, the agency reports.
- Japan plans to collect space debris with fishing netsThe Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) plans to collect space debris using metal fishing nets, the agency reports.
- King Abdullah II of Jordan fires government after protests in EgyptThe king of Jordan dismissed his government and appointed a new prime minister to implement political reform, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan won 13 gold medalsKazakhstan has won 13 gold medals in the 7th Winter Asian Games, the agency reports.
- Driver Alcohol Detection System in cars will not allow engine to start if you've been drinkingScientists have created a built-in alcohol-detection prototype that is built into cars, which will not allow an engine to start if a driver has been drinking, the agency reports.
- Ministry of Emergency evacuated 131 Kazakhstan citizens from EgyptThe Ministry of Emergency of Kazakhstan has evacuated 131 Kazakhstan citizens from Egypt, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Zebrafish to cure heart failureThe British Heart Foundation is to begin a major new research programme to find a cure for heart failure using zebrafish whose heart if removed can grow back in a matetr of weeks, the agency reports.
- President of Egypt not to stand for re-electionPresident of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, said in his televised speech he will not stand for re-election in September, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Parliament considered additions to Constitution of KazakhstanDeputies of the Chambers of the Parliament of Kazakhstan at a joint session started consideration of introduction of additions to the Constitution of Kazakhstan, granting the right to the president of Kazakhstan to hold early elections, Kazakhstan Today reports.