Now viewing: All news
- Nursultan Nazarbayev extends Unity Day congratulations"Dear compatriots! Please accept my heartfelt congratulations on the occasion of the Day of Unity! This holiday symbolizes our best features – openness, trust, and patriotism," the congratulatory message reads. Nursultan Nazarbayev reminded that he made a decision to institute the holiday 25 years ago and throughout all those year Kazakhstan managed to turn polyethnicity and confessional diversity into its strategic advantages.
- Russian Prime Minister Tests Positive for CoronavirusRussian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin announced that he has contracted the coronavirus during an online conference with President Vladimir Putin. Mishustin announced that he will remain in self-isolation for the time being, but added that his cabinet will continue to operate and that he will stay in touch.
- Oxford Expects First Results of COVID-19 Vaccine Trial in JuneHuman trials for the coronavirus vaccine developed by the university began on April 23, after the drug showed promising results by protecting six rhesus macaque monkeys from large amounts of COVID-19 in late March. Around 1,100 people are currently part of the trial.
- Kazakhstan records surge in new coronavirus casesAnother 83 cases of the coronavirus infection have been confirmed, including 8 in Nur-Sultan city, 40 in Almaty city, 27 in Aktobe region, 3 in Almaty region, 1 in Pavlodar region, and 4 in Zhambyl region.
- PM inspects development projects of Shymkent and TurkistanDuring his working trip, Prime Minister Askar Mamin inspected the construction of transport and socio-cultural infrastructure in the cities of Shymkent and Turkistan.