Now viewing: All news
- Party of Regions lead in extraordinary elections to Supreme RadaThe Party of Regions headed by Victor Janukovich lead in Ukraine extraordinary elections to the Supreme Rada, the agency reports referring to the Ukrainian mass media.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for October 3:
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between CSTO and SCO to be signed in DushanbeMemorandum of mutual understanding between the Secretaries of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is planned to be signed on Friday, October 5, in Dushanbe during the regular session of the CSTO Council at the level of the leaders of the states, the agency reports referring to the CSTO press service.
- Kazakhstan, USA signed protocol to Memorandum of cooperation in field of drug controlThe Minister of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan Baurzhan Mukhamedjanov and the US Ambassador to Kazakhstan John Ordway signed the fourth additional protocol to the Memorandum of mutual understanding between the governments of two countries in the field of drug control and maintenance of law and order.
- Official visit of new Speaker of Euro Parliament for Central Asia beganThe first official visit of the new speaker of the European Parliament for Central Asia began today in Astana, the agency reports referring to the department of press and information of the representation of the European commission in Kazakhstan.
- More than 600 companies from 33 countries take part in exhibition-conference KIOGE-2007Opening of the 15th exhibition-conference KIOGE-2007 took place in Almaty.
- Kazakhstan can export more than 10 million tons of grain in 2007The Agriculture Minister considers that Kazakhstan should export at least 10 million tons of grain this year, the agency reports.
- KazPrime indicator did not change and made 9.29 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on October 2, value of KazPrime indicator did not change and made 9.29 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- Average weighted rate is 120.98 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) decreased by 0.01 KZT on Tuesday against Monday and totaled KZT 120.98 per dollar.
- Conclusion on HIV infection epidemics end among children in South Kazakhstan to be made by competent commission
Conclusion on HIV infection epidemics end among children in South Kazakhstan to be made by competent commissionThe conclusion on the end of intrahospital HIV infection epidemics among South Kazakhstan children should be made, following the results of the work of the special working group, Director of Central-Asian office CDC Michael Favorov stated, the agency reports.
- Recultivation of soil of Proton crash area finished - Emergency MinistryRecultivation of soil of the area of the crash of the second stage (large crater) of the booster rockets Proton-M completed, Emergency Ministry press service informed.
- Kazakhstan President visited TurkeyAlmaty. October 2. Kazakhstan Today - The President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev visited Turkey on Sunday, the agency reports. During the N. Nazarbayev held negotiations with the President of this country Abdulla Gul, during which the leaders of two states discussed the prospects of bilateral cooperation. According to the press service of the Kazakhstan leader, "the parties discussed condition and prospects of political, trade and economic, energy, investment, and cultural-humanitarian cooperation."
- Prime Minister charged committee to check activity of bread making enterprisesThe Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov during the selector meeting in the government charged the committee on competition protection at the Ministry of Industry and Commerce of the Republic of Kazakhstan to check the activity of making bread enterprises.
- Preparation for 6th ministerial conference of CAREC program began in DushanbeThe questions of preparation for the 6th ministerial conference of the program of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) were discussed during the meeting of the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rakhmon with CAREC special adviser Johannes Lynn last week, the agency reports.
- Baikonur celebrated International Day of SeniorsBaikonur celebrated the International Day of Seniors on Monday, the agency reports.
- Quantity of HIV infected children in South Kazakhstan reached 133Number of HIV infected children in the Southern Kazakhstan oblast has increased for the last month by one more person and reached 133.